May 3, 2012

oh happy day {agave iced mocha}!!!

I have a total weakness for mochas. Hot or cold I love them both. However, I know they are NOT good for my waist line or my wallet.


So...I have been searching, making, and trying {for a while} several recipes that I've found online. Some were "ehhhh", some were "mmmm", and a couple were "oh my goodness! Awesome!". Unfortunately the ones that were awesome had a lot of sugar, cream, and chocolate syrup {of course they tasted awesome}.


I don't buy/keep cream on hand. I don't want to use heavy amounts of caramel or chocolate syrup. And, I didn't want to be loading sugar into my mocha {I know many claim that agave is no better, but I personally prefer it to white sugar}. So my mission was to create a "healthier" {less unhealthy} option.


This is what I came up with...


Directions/Recipe for Iced Mocha {it's so simple I'm not even sure one could call it a recipe}:


Ingredients:
*coffee ice cubes (pour coffee into ice cube tray and freeze)
*almond milk (or any milk)
*natural unsweetened Hershey's cocoa
*agave nectar


To make:
{I use a bullet type blender and have found adding the ingredients in this order mixes best}
1. fill cup half way with coffee ice cubes (about 7 or 8 cubes)
2. add milk to top of coffee cubes
3. add 1.5 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
4. add not quite 1/2 tablespoon of agave nectar (I totally eye ball it)
5. cover and blend until all ice cubes are blended (add milk as needed if too thick)
6. add a straw and enjoy!


      


I'm sure this would be heavenly topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of ooey gooey chocolate or caramel sauce - but the goal is to keep it on the less unhealthy side.


No comments:

Post a Comment