May 14, 2012

weekend re-cap

I hope all of the mommies out there had a wonderful Mother's Day!


I have to chalk this Mother's Day up as the best so far {in my 7 years of being a mommy}!  It was a wonderful Mother's Day, and an incredibly awesome weekend.  I feel so blessed!


As if Friday wasn't an awesome enough day with all of the lovely blog comments I received and new "friends" I made in the blog world, my mom surprised me by having my three girls stay over night at her house on Friday night. So, between my little guy sleeping and my husband at a work function I was able to finish a couple of unfinished sewing projects.  One being this bag that I started {and never finished} two years ago!




To top off blessing me by giving me a night off from {most of} my children, my mom gave me one of the most awesome gifts I have received...a gift certificate to have a cleaning service come to clean my bathrooms and kitchen.  It's amazing how the little things can be the best gift.  I absolutely hate having to clean the bathrooms and kitchen {though I do do it}, so this gift just made my day!!!






Saturday was a gorgeous day spent with quality family time and a BBQ with friends.


Sunday {Mother's Day} I was showered with love from my kids {assisted by my husband}.  I was able to sleep in until 8 {thanks to my hubby}, was brought breakfast in bed {which I promptly brought to the kitchen table to eat...this momma was not going to be washing sheets on Mother's Day}, and was blessed with homemade cards, a bouquet of weeds flowers, and gifts from the kiddos. Love it!




























We spent the day with my family at the zoo and conservatory where I was hoping to get some good picture taking {practicing} in with my new camera. Unfortunately, the kids were far more interested in their uncle {who never says no to treating them} and the animals than being "subjects" in my photos. 







I feel so blessed to have spent time with some of the most amazing people in my life!


I'm energized and looking forward to an awesome week. I have so many projects and ideas that I'm hoping to "tackle" this week.


2 comments:

  1. You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family and a mom that gives you a cleaning service! Wow! What an awesome gift for a busy mom. Love, Love love your purse, the fabric is fab. Did I say, I LOVE it? Sew cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great weekend! I think your blog is wonderful! I recently received the Liebster Blog award, and I am passing it on to you. Congratulations! Have you heard of this? There is more info here: http://theeternalthread.blogspot.com/2012/05/dearest.html#!/2012/05/dearest.html

    ReplyDelete