May 21, 2012

{mini} monster cookie Monday

I baked! That's right. I used nap time today to bake...even though I had plenty of other projects that I would have preferred to tend to.

Big deal, I baked? It is for me! I hate really don't like baking {and by baking I actually mean the cleanup}. Plus, I tend to get sidetracked/distracted when I bake quite often letting the smell of something burning reminding me that I'm baking.

My daughter needed 3 dozen cookies for {kindergarten} graduation tomorrow. So, I decided to be "the good mom" and actually make them instead of buy them.

I admit...my cookie choice {monster cookies} was {a bit} selfish for several reasons. One, they're a personal favorite {in case there were extras for at home ... of course I was sure to make extras}. Two, they don't require flour {call it quirky but I don't like working with flour}. Three, they're super simple to make {this momma likes to keep tasks simple}. Four, there's little mess {no beaters required and they bake on parchment paper ... hello clean pans!}. Five {last but not least}, they only bake 9-10 minutes so I don't have enough time to get distracted during bake time!

My recipe is one given to me by a dear friend {momma Jan} who introduced me to monster cookies a number of years ago. {If you Google "monster cookie recipe" you get tons of similar recipes}

Monster Cookies:
1 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
{mix sugars together well}
3 eggs
1 stick melted butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
{mix well into sugar}
12 oz peanut butter *{I used almost an entire 16 oz container}
{mix well into mixture}
5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup m&m's
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup raisins *{I skipped these because I forgot to buy them!}

Use parchment paper on pan, spoon "blobs" onto pan spacing a couple inches apart, bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes.  Cool on pan for 9-10 minutes before moving to cooling rack.




Bless the mommies that can "do it all" and make it look so effortless.  Share your secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment