April 20, 2012

{be}thankful

"what if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?"

i was thinking about this quote/saying this morning. i have no clue who to attribute it to, but i find it very powerful and thought provoking. i have so much to be thankful for and am blessed beyond measure. one of those blessings is my grandmother, gg as the kids call her {great grandma}. very few of our friends still have their grandmothers around, but mine is 87 and doesn't skip a beat. she is such a blessing in our lives!

gg is the person who taught me how to sew {nearly 30 years ago}. this morning i dropped my oldest daughter {7} at gg's house for a little home-ec lesson. she too is going to learn how to sew, and i am so excited to see what she makes!

today i am thankful for so much, but especially the blessing of gg in my life and in my children's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment