December 20, 2012

Initial Name Sign

Don't you just love inexpensive crafts?  I sure do!

I decided to whip this up as an extra little gift for my sister {and her hubby}.

{The "finished" sign actually has their full last name on it - just above the EST. 2008.}

In a previous post I mentioned that I picked up some {mdf} pictures/wall hangings at the dollar store for a quarter each.  {I picked up a handful of them...they were too cheap not to.}

I painted over the entire piece with black craft paint that dried with a matte finish.

Next, {just from Microsoft Word} I printed out the lettering that I wanted on my sign.

I positioned the paper on my board where I wanted my lettering to be and traced the lines on my paper pressing hard enough so that it left an "imprint".

I then went in with a white colored pencil and colored in my letters.  {The white pencil makes it look like it's chalk.}

15 minutes later...done!

 It's no "Pottery Barn" decor, but it's just a little something extra.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That's a terrific idea! I've been looking for something simple to make for my son's anniversary! This will fit the bill! Thanks so much for a simple creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have such wonderful projects! I love reading your blog. I wanted to invite you to come link up at a party on my blog. It is a link party for OLD projects--so that we can hopefully get more traffic to our blogs using projects we've already posted. Come over and remind us of some of your favorite projects!
    The link-up is live now.
    http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/01/hello-and-welcome-to-first-oldie-but.html
    Hope to see you there!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete